Merry merry Xmas still, my friends.
The end date for the event has been extended 24 hours. It is now scheduled to end at 3pm PST on Thursday, January 11th.
The event and the PvP are now scheduled to end at the same time.
I don’t know about you all, but I am ticked. Let me count the ways…
1. Too many new game mechanics shoehorned into a complex event.
2. New game mechanics that fundamentally changed the game from the one I thought I was playing.
3. Unable to progress event unless the player uses the new game mechanics.
4. No indication that the PvP orbs were going to be needed for a character, the main character that we wanted out of this event, so many people already spent them.
5. No possible way a regular, non-obsessive player could get one of each of the Nebula orb decorations and buildings without spending money. I am willing to spend money on things I like and want in my town. I don’t like spending money just to complete an event and keep up when I play all the time.
6. There was no possible way for a player to do all the missions needed for the drops for the characters and prizes AND do the daily planet every day for the various badges needed to level up and promote characters without buying fuel.
7. Requiring a character leveled up to even complete the event story line.
That’s like watching an episode, only your DVR didn’t tape the last 5 minutes and it will never be played again. You can read about it, but you’ll never experience it for yourself.
9. The horrendous drop rate that some poor people got stuck with. I heard of one person who was still valiantly trying to at least unlock Chanukah Zombie before the event ended!!
For someone like me, who loves Futurama the show and play this game so I can have more stories about my favorite crew, this event was a punch in the gut. I did not start playing this game to fight monotonous and unceasingly unfair space battles over and over and over. I did mission 1-2 alone probably 50 times to get rubies and Santa medals. I did 1-10 at least 25 times to get whatever the hell I needed from it. And I’m still not going to get all the prizes.
Why should I care I am missing out on the last bit of the story because I can’t promote Power Suit Fry to level 3? My brain is so numb from this monotony, I can’t even remember the story so far.
I respectfully request that everyone reading this, send TinyCo a message in game about the frustrations you faced during this event. Tell them specific details but do it in a calm tone. Tell them how you feel about these game changes. (Some aren’t bad, it just takes too much fuel.) Tell them what you liked as well as what you didn’t like. Tell them how hard you played to try to get the items you wanted and what you are upset that you missed.
All right rant over.
I probably missed some specific things that were frustrating. Please note them in the comments below. If you read all that, thanks for reading.